Saturday, August 4, 2012

Apply window tint!

Before we moved, Special Agent Dad and I were trying to decide what to do with our cars.

My hope was that we would move somewhere with awesome public transportation and walkable neighborhoods where we wouldn't need cars!  Yes - outside of the United States!

Well, when Texas became the leading candidate that idea flew out the window.

Texas is a lot of great things.  Walkable is definitely not one of them.

We knew that one of our cars would need to be replaced because it was leased and the lease would be up.  The other car is 8 years old and we didn't know whether relocating it would be worth it.

In the end we brought it with us.

Special Agent Dad said he liked the car (he picked it out and was primary driver) and wanted to keep it.    Rather he wanted to "run it into the ground".

It is paid off, reliable and a fine fit as a commuter car.

Myself on the other hand, I don't care for a car with only two doors.  Especially with a child and all of the crap one ends up hauling around with a family.

So, I started researching for the new car.  I wanted the best deal, best upgrades, best fit.  I don't care about brands and labels and all that.  I just want a reliable, safe car with the options I want and a decent resale value.

Secret Agent Man and I test drove a lot of cars.  We did tons of research.  We negotiated for weeks.  And finally, we got the new car.  For a great deal.  Ended up over $2,000 under invoice.

Well, as soon as we pulled that new car into the driveway, Special Agent Dad just couldn't get enough.

All of the sudden our roles reversed and I was behind the wheel of the old car.  Driving it into the ground.

Secret Agent Man was not happy about this.  He liked the new car with the tinted windows.  That Texas sun is bright and he would often get a little sun sick sitting up against the hot un-tinted windows.

Plus, the new car has blue tooth and can play podcasts and audio books from our iphone.

The old car - CD player.  A tape player would be more functional at this point.

There are tape cassette deck to ipod adapters.  None for CD players.

So after chiding Secret Agent Man for being an elitist about the state of his transportation; I went and got the windows tinted in the old car.


I thought this car might need an AC re-charge, if that is even a real service.  Now, I know that it just needed tinted windows!  The AC works great, the tint keeps the inside cool.  

I'm pretty sure I will be installing a new faceplate with bluetooth in this car very soon.  

Only one problem.  Special Agent Dad has his eye on this car now.  I'm pretty sure once I have it just right - I won't be able to get him out of it.  



1 comment:

  1. A window shade can save more than 60% of one’s by keeping the car cool during summers.-window tint application Glendale-

    ReplyDelete