Sunday, July 29, 2012

Building the Sturdy Work Bench

I built this workbench a few months back.  I got the plans from my girl Ana White.  



I really needed a workspace in the garage.  I was tired of building and working on the floor.


I used white pine and the build was very easy.  The plans were great.  I modified it a bit to make it taller.  My cost for wood totalled around $40.  I bought three cans of sample oops paint that cost about 50 cents each.  Strawberry, chocolate and vanilla colored.  A neopolitan work bench!


I never did get to the vanilla colored paint.  It is just a choco strawberry bench.

I also didn't bother to fill the holes with wood filler.  Kept it simple.


I added some hooks on the side for safety gear and an tool belt.


The only thing I might change would be to add the extra width on the bottom shelf to make it fuller.  I'm not so sure I would have changed it to be taller either.  It works for some things and not for others.  

This hound got very comfortable in the late spring sun and went to sleep while I worked.


I later got a peg board from the 50 cent bin at Home Depot and nailed it to the back of the work bench. Now I have tools hanging right where I need them!

You can check out my other Ana White builds here: Outdoor Patio Table



No comments:

Post a Comment