Monday, July 2, 2012

The Big Urethra

We were spending some time learning human anatomy this week.  We watched a couple of youtube video's and discussed different body parts, played an anatomy app on the kindle.

A few days passed and I wanted to see what Secret Agent Man had remembered.  I brought up a picture on the computer and asked if he could name some of the basic organs.  He got a few of them, it's complicated to decipher kidneys from lungs.

I pointed at the Intestine.  The large intestine.  He knew it was part of the digestive tract but was a little unsure.

He looked at me and said

"Uh, the big urethra?".

I fell to the ground and rolled and laughed and hi-fived and laughed some more.  He joined me when I explained what the urethra was.

The week prior, we had been reading some pages out of the book It's Not The Stork! A book about Boys, Girls, Babies, Bodies, Families and Friends .  Learning all about the reproductive organs and how those parts work.

Now that I think of it that might also be what triggered him to chastise Special Agent Dad about "anal hair" in the bathtub.

No comments:

Post a Comment