Monday, July 16, 2012

Storage Wars Home Edition


Have you seen the TV show storage wars on A&E?  Secret Agent Man LOVES that show.  He doesn't watch much tv outside of Ninjago, Phineas and Ferb and a few other cartoons but, when we were hotel bound during the move he found Storage Wars.  


He sings the song, knows all of the characters, the locations of the best lockers and even how much people should be bidding on lockers.  His favorite is Barry Weis.  Check out the intro below.  (You won't be able to see the video from email, click over to the blog to view).  



I thought it would be fun to recreate the show.  He could practice using money, make bids auction style and we re-discover some forgotten toys.  

I started by grabbing these two cloth storage bins from the shelfs.  They were full of odds and ends that haven't been looked at in a few months.  I flipped them over Voilà!  Storage lockers.  


Next, I pulled out the play money.


Then I called him out and told him what we were doing.  He excitedly counted his money.  Then he went and grabbed a hat, deciding that his preferred method of bidding would be slashing the air with it. I was a great auctioneer and competitor in bidding.


He ended up getting the first locker for a great price, $700!  He paid the lady and then busted open the locker.


He spent about an hour evaluating the contents, determining what was trash and what was valuable.  He told me the value of each item.  We took the opportunity to donate what we would no longer use, put the trash in the garbage and play with our forgotten toys!  

Inside one of the storage lockers, I found this: 


I have been developing secret agent games for a long time!  This is about 2 years old.  I picked him up from school and we went to the riverwalk in Naperville to play secret agent.  

Storage Wars Intro Lego Edition (click over to blog to view the video).





No comments:

Post a Comment