Saturday, July 7, 2012

Dishwasher soaps

Secret Agent Man was eating breakfast and I was cleaning up.

When I went to unload the clean dishes from the dishwasher, I noticed they were all dirty.  I chalked it up to the new dish detergent being cheap, loaded in one of my Ecover dishwashing soap tabs that I always use, 
(best dishwashing soap tabs ever) and set it to re-wash.




I was hand washing the breakfast dishes when Secret Agent Man said "What is that coming out of there?".  Soap coming out of the dishwasher!


Agent Chewy Bone Jones was very concerned!

Hahaha.  I opened it up, took out the Ecover dishwasher soap I had just loaded and said "Let's see how many bubbles this can make!"  We shut the door and started it back up.  It continued to pour out bubbles but, not at the rate we were hoping.

Really Hoping the room would fill up!

I texted Special Agent Dad about this situation and he nonchalantly replied "Just like the Brady Bunch."!



Turns out the Brady Bunch had an overflow of the Washing Machine - Not the dishwasher!

Secret Agent Man jumped in and started "cleaning up" while I searched for the reason it was happening.
Cleaning involves whipping the dish towel around and slapping things.

I found it.  Wrong soap in the dishwasher.


I unloaded all those dirty dishes and washed them, sprayed the bubbles in the machine with vinegar, loaded a bowl with vinegar and placed it in the top rack and sent the dishwasher through the rinse only cycle.  That cleared it up!  I'll remember to make sure I have dishwashing detergent and not regular dish soap next time!!

Has anyone else ever had a dishwashing soap spill over??

P.S. Welcome to my readers from Korea!  한국 독자에 오신 것을 환영합니다!  I spent some time in my Navy years in South Korea, in the lovely cities of Pusan and Jinhae (formerly Chinhae).  저는 부산과 진해에서 사랑스러운 나날을 보냈다.  I have many wonderful memories of these cities and the Korean people!  그 도시의 많은 멋진 추억과 한국 사람이있어!

No comments:

Post a Comment